News

Eva Mendes pregnant with Ryan Gosling’s baby

Eva Mendes pregnant with Ryan Gosling’s baby

EXPECTING:This film image released by Focus Features shows Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes in "The Place Beyond the Pines." Looks like they're going to be playing the part of parents for real. Photo: Associated Press

Hollywood stars Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling are set to become first-time parents.

The “Hitch” beauty, 40, is said to be seven months pregnant.

The couple began dating in 2011 after shooting crime drama “The Place Beyond the Pines” together.

The baby news comes five months after Mendes, 40, denied rumors she was expecting after asking to undergo a manual body search at an airport security checkpoint instead of walking through the X-ray scanners.

She laughed off the speculation at the time, telling talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, “It’s (the baby rumors are) so ridiculous. It all started because I didn’t want to go through the scanners at the airport. You know those X-ray scanners, which are really creepy? They basically see you naked. And not only that, but there’s a radiation aspect to it. So I always opt out. I always ask for a personal pat-down… (Tabloid reporters thought) that was good enough reason to say ‘Hey (she’s pregnant)’.”

When DeGeneres pressed her further about whether there was any truth to the pregnancy rumor, Mendes replied, “Oh God! No, no no!”

Mendes previously dated filmmaker George Augusto, while Gosling, 33, enjoyed romances with his “The Notebook” co-star Rachel McAdams and Sandra Bullock.

Recent Headlines

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.

in Sports

Thursday’s Sports Minute

grizzlies

Here's a look at some of the big sports stories making headlines today, Thursday, Dec. 18.

in Sports

Ray Rice investigation heating up

Former Baltimore Ravens NFL running back Ray Rice and his wife Janay arrive for a hearing at a New York City office building November 5, 2014.

Hundreds of NFL employees gave records to investigators looking into how Commissioner Roger Goodell handled evidence in the Ray Rice case.

in Lifestyle

We’re living 6 years longer

doctor

Fewer people are dying from cancer and heart disease in rich countries and there's a better survival rate in poor countries from tuberculosis and malaria.